Open Minds Tuition Centre provides bespoke private tuition to 5-16 year olds in in Maths, English, 11+ and GCSE. We are based in Brentwood Essex and offer tuition in small groups for optimal learning. The small groups mean that each student receives individual attention from the tutors and the tutoring is tailored to their needs.
Every lesson is carefully planned and students are required to practice with challenging questions through a mixture of online and written activities all focused around national curriculum. We also provide students unlimited free access to online resources on their PC or ipad, tablets so they can continue and boost their learning at home.
All our tutors are fully qualified, DBS checked and experienced.
All the students at Open Minds make significant progress at school, resulting in improved class position, better SATs results, higher than predicted GCSE grades and improved confidence.
- Last year, 7 out of our 8 GCSE students achieved A*-C including 5A*/A. Some students joined us just 2-3 months before the exam and had shown tremendous improvement in their Mock exam results, particularly one student who improved two levels (from ‘C’ to an ‘A’) in only 2 months.
- We had 100 % success with 11 plus exams. 5 students who were attending lessons until Sep 2016, have passed their 11 plus exams for entry in 2017.
We are very fortunate to get students from KEGS, CCHS, Westcliff Grammar School, Brentwood Independent School, New Hall Independent School, City of London, St Martins School, Becket keys, Ursuline School, BCHS etc.
While most of our students are from Brentwood, Shenfield, Hutton, Billericay but some of them travel from as far as Chelmsford, Ingatestone, Thurrock, East London etc.
Our current offers:
- We are offering free assessment and consultation to the parents without any obligation.
- We are offering 10% discount if lessons are paid in advance for the full term.
- Most of our students come through word of Mouth, so we are offering £20 Marks and Spencer vouchers for any recommendations we receive and they decide to join us.
- Also we are offering free access to online resources worth up to £200 on their computers and iPad.
At Open Minds there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach as we recognize that every child is different and has their own learning style.
Here are few testimonials from some parents…
- Parent from Ursuline School.
When my daughter was in Year 10 she did a GCSE mock paper in her school and got a D grade. She then went to Vandana for Maths tutoring. She found her to be very patient and highly professional. Vandana always provided her with enough worksheets, past papers or online Maths resources to improve during the week. After tutoring with Vandana she achieved an A* grade in her GCSE Maths exam in Year 11. I have no hesitation in recommending her to anyone.
- Parent from Shenfield School.
I was very lucky to be introduced to Vandana, 3 months before my son’s Maths GCSE exam. His school had predicted him an E grade but I was convinced he could achieve higher. After just one session with Vandana it was clear that his confidence had improved immensely. Her cool, calm and nurturing approach was just what he needed at that point. He went on to get a C, 2 months later and we were all very happy. Brilliant tutoring and highly recommended.
- Parent from Moulsham School Chelmsford
Having a child with additional needs tends to mean that a call from the deputy head at school is not good! However, I’m proud to say that I did get a call this week and it was so very positive- praising my son for his attitude to learning, positivity, great attitude, ability to cope with challenging maths in a new (higher) maths group and his consistent focus. This has undoubtedly been a result of the efforts of Vandana at open minds – her reassurance and encouragement, explanations and tailored approach for each individual child has helped my son flourish in the short while we have been with you. He genuinely enjoys coming to tutoring and is much more confident at school and in the tutor sessions. Thank you so much.
- Parent of Brentwood Independent School
Open minds has been a great motivator to help my son get the push which we as a parents or the school as a whole couldn’t give enough. I liked the way Vandana said to my teenage son in very simple words,” We don’t believe in ok -perfection is the word. “Really grateful for all the support in Maths and English.
Unlock your child’s full potential…give them the education they deserve…